Saturday, August 02, 2008

Sugar Cookies


It's been a while since I made sugar cookies and I just realized why.   For those of you who's made them before know what a mess it is to make.  The dough is really easy to make but the rolling with all the flour and sugar everywhere.  What a mess!  I thought I'd share with you the mess in my counter.  I finally gave in and made some for my son who's been begging for me to make some.  Especially the dinosaur kind.  I used to make them in dinosaur shape when they were younger when they ate and breathed dinosaurs.  However, this time, after I tried one dinosaur cut out, I went to my old standby--- the heart, star and butterfly shapes.  The dinosaurs had too many little pointed nooks that I kept losing the arms and legs.  I made one and made them happy.

I found a great tip I'd like to share with you. Instead of using flour to roll the dough, I used powdered sugar instead.  It'll keep the dough from getting hard like mine use to.  I used to keep adding flour as I rolled and as a result I ended up with tough cookies.  My kids still loved them, though.  I guess they really didn't know better.  Isn't it great having kids?  They always think you are the best at everything.  They haven't yet caught on.  Thank God!


  

No comments: