Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Folsom Lake


















Monday was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday,  school was out and my husband  had the day off,  so he suggested that we all go to Folsom lake.  I was anticipating really cold weather but it was beautiful.  We stopped by Mr. Pickle's sub shop and picked up a couple of sandwiches.  I love their sourdough roll.  The crust was crunchy so when you bite into it, you're not fighting to keep the meat inside the bread.  (Can you picture that?)  I had to pack my picky eaters PB sandwiches.  

Unfortunately, the lake level was so low.   We heard from someone who's lived around there for a while that this is the lowest he has seen the water level at the lake.    We had to walk quite a ways to get to the water.  I hope we get a good rainfall soon.  The walk was beautiful.  The lighting was great even in the middle of the day.  




No comments: